Monday, November 17, 2008

Netflixations

Title: For Your Consideration
Director: Christopher Guest
Awesome Rating: High 5

Christopher Guest and his posse make the world a better place. It’s a fact, probably a scientific one at this point.

Spinal Tap - Classic
Best in Show – Marvelous
Waiting for Guffman – even better (my fav of all of them btw)
A Mighty Wind – Presh

His most recent effort, For Your Consideration, a satire on Hollywood and the movie/entertainment culture was my most recent red envelope and I love loved it for all the normal reasons that I love Christopher Guest Movies.

Its subtle brilliant writing, every single person in the cast is good enough to lead it but smart enough to just gloriously be in the ensemble, everyone is hilarious and is the relatively same brand of hilarious and gets the other people’s brand of hilarious and they don’t compete with each other, they work together. Its highly quotable, the humor distills on you because its layered. You get things (well I do) a week later and have a hearty laugh all over again. The Christopher Guest brand is pratically necessary to cope with modern life. I don't think I could think of a better way.

Fred Willard is a gift to humanity and should work till he dies. He made this movie for me. He and John Michael Higgins

Eugene Levy needs to work till he runs out of steam too.

Jennifer Coolidge is one of the funniest women that has ever walked the planet. She made A Mighty Wind for me.

Parker Posey, I heart you. Lots and lots.

And I could go on and on. I laughed at this movie, I cried, I empathized, I cringed, I did everything that Christopher Guest movies make you do and I remain the lifelong fan I’ve been. Carry on good man, carry on.

No comments: